210 Janka Private, Unit 201
Kanata, Ontario K2V 0E6
Email: [email protected]
STATEMENT OF POLICY
We recognize that your privacy is important. It is the policy of Below2°C to control the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with all requirements set out in the Privacy Act.
The following requirements shall be met by Below2°C unless exempted by the Privacy Act.
- Collection of Personal Information
Unless otherwise authorized by the Privacy Act:
- No personal information shall be collected by Below2°C unless it relates directly to the operation of Below2°C World Wide Web pages, programs or activities.
- Below2°C will only collect information that is voluntarily provided by the user.
- Below2°C shall, wherever possible, collect personal information that is intended to be used for an administrative purpose directly from the individual to whom it relates except where the individual authorizes otherwise.
- Below2°C shall inform any individual from whom it collects personal information of the purpose for which the information is being collected.
- Below2°C is responsible for ensuring that the collection, use and disclosure of this information are carried out in accordance with this policy and relevant procedures.
- Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that has been used by Below2°C for an administrative purpose shall be retained for such period of time after it is so used as may be prescribed by regulation in order to ensure that the individual to whom it relates has a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to the information.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
Below2°C shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is used for an administrative purpose is as accurate, up-to-date and complete as possible.
- Disposition of Personal Information
Below2°C shall dispose of personal information under its control in accordance with the regulations and with any directives or guidelines issued by the designated minister in relation to the disposal of that information.
Personal information under the control of Below2°C shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be used or disclosed by Below2°C except for the purpose for which the information was obtained or compiled.
- Record of Disclosures
Below2°C shall retain a record of any use of personal information contained in a personal information bank or any use or purpose for which that information is disclosed where the use or purpose is not included in the statements of uses in the personal information index published by the designated minister.
- Personal Information Banks
- Below2°C shall include in personal information banks all personal information under its control that:
- has been used, is being used or is available for use for an administrative purpose, or
- is organized or intended to be retrieved by the name of an individual or by an identifying number, symbol or other particular assigned to an individual.
- Access to Personal Information
Upon receipt of a written request, Below2°C shall provide a right of access to personal information subject to the Privacy Act to:
- any personal information about the individual requestor contained in a personal information bank, and
- any other personal information about the individual requestor under the control of Below2°C with respect to which the individual is able to provide sufficiently specific information on the location of the information as to render it reasonably retrievable.
Below2°C may refuse access to personal information as provided by the Privacy Act where such information, among other circumstances, is subject to solicitor client privilege, relates to an investigation or where disclosure threatens the safety of the individual.
Users should be aware that certain non-personal information and data may be automatically collected by Below2°C through the operation of what are called “cookies”. “Cookies” are small text files that identify an individual computer’s browser entering a web site. They allow the site to track that browser’s movement through the site over several sessions.
If you do not want a cookie placed on your computer by Below2°C, you may disable cookies altogether by modifying the Preferences section of your internet browser (under Edit/Preferences/Advanced). Note that it is possible that some aspects of Below2°C sites may be unavailable to you if you choose this option.
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
- Operating Principles
All questions related to the interpretation and application of this policy should be directed to Rolly Montpellier at [email protected]
- Third Party Advertising
Information about your visits to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), may be used to serve ads to you. Below2°C does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites.
11. Privacy Standards
Below2°C’s privacy provisions are based on the CSA International’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, recognized as a national standard in 1996. The standard addresses the ways in which organizations collect, use and disclose personal information. It also addresses the rights of individuals to have access to their personal information and to have it corrected if necessary.
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Corporate Records and Information Management Procedures Corporate Retention Schedules.
The Privacy Act is described as:
- An Act to extend the present laws of Canada that protect the privacy of individuals and that provide individuals with a right of access to personal information about themselves.
- The term ‘personal information’ is defined as information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form with some specific exceptions for the purposes of Access to Information Act requests.